WHATS HAPPENING SAMUEL ADAMS CROWD CRAFT PROJECT TAPS DRINKERS VIA SOCIAL MEDIA
The Samuel Adams brewers are teaming up with social media enthusiast, Guy Kawasaki, for the first ever Samuel Adams Crowd Craft Project to create a crowd-sourced beer. Via an interactive Facebook application, Samuel Adams and Guy are calling on their Twitter, Facebook and Google+ friends and fans – not to mention all beer lovers – to weigh in on aspects of a beer from color and clarity to the flavor profile.
Beer is social and history shows that many great ideas have been formed over a good beer. Through this program, Samuel Adams and Guy Kawasaki are looking to take this experience online. Guy has the same passion for social media and inspiring innovation that Samuel Adams has for high quality craft beer. From his experience, he’s seen great ideas born from mass conversations, and it’s this type of collective imagination that will make this social collaboration brew a standout.
The Crowd Craft Project:
- Through February 5, drinkers can visit the Samuel Adams Facebook page to share their thoughts on the new brew.
- Drinkers will be able to weigh in on all aspects of the beer, including:
- Body (mouth feel)
- Malt (sweetness)
- Hops (bitterness)
- Yeast (finish/complex flavors)
- At the close of the crowd-sourcing period, the Samuel Adams brewers will take the fan favorites from each category and use them to develop the recipe for the collaborative ale, which will be brewed during the month of February.
- This crowd crafted beer will make its debut at Guy Kawasaki’s Girl + Guy party in Austin on March 10, during a well-known, annual interactive festival. #GirlGuyParty.
- The beer will be on tap in select bars throughout Austin and at the Samuel Adams Boston Brewery. Samuel Adams’ Facebook fans will be the first to know when this beer will hit new markets.
What Brewer Bert B. and Guy K. have to say: “I think it’s still up in the air as to which is the better social networking tool – Facebook or beer,” says Bert Boyce, Samuel Adams Brewer. “My love of beer is something I share with the Samuel Adams drinkers – I’m sure that their choices will collectively create a great tasting brew. We can’t wait to see what they come up with!”
“I'm a total believer in crowd-sourcing. It brings great minds together that might not collaborate otherwise. The Samuel Adams Crowd Craft Project is exciting because it's not only asking for input, but its educating people about what it takes to make a great beer. These brewers are extremely passionate about crafting something special and we are all going to help them do it,” says Guy Kawasaki, former chief evangelist of Apple and New York Times best-selling author.
For more information and to start brewing, visit the Crowd Craft Project Facebook app: www.samueladams.com/crowdcraftproject.
ABOUT THE BOSTON BEER COMPANY
Boston Beer began in ‘84 with a recipe Founder and Brewer Jim Koch found in his father’s attic. The company now brews over 30 craft brews. http://www.samueladams.com/
Connect with us:
ABOUT GUY KAWASAKI (in 140 characters)
Kawasaki: Author of 10 books, former chief evangelist of Apple, co-founder of Alltop.com, founding partner at Garage Technology Ventures. http://www.guykawasaki.com/
Connect with Guy: