Chinese Hoisin Marinade for Pork, Chicken or Lamb
Yield: Makes 1 cup enough for 8 chicken thighs, a side of spareribs, 3 pork tenderloins, or 8 rib chops.
- Mix together all the ingredients. Marinate the meat overnight in the refrigerator, turning occasionally if it is not covered by liquid.
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons sweet sherry
- 1/3 cup Samuel Adams Summer Ale or Samuel Adams Boston Lager
- 2 tablespoons minced green onions or scallions
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped ginger
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Chinese black bean paste
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar