Chocolate Porter Cake
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Lightly grease two 9-inch cake pans with the 2 tablespoons butter and dust with 1/4 cup of flour. Shake out and discard any excess flour, and set pans aside. Sift together the remaining 2 1/4 cups flour with the baking powder, baking soda and salt. Beat the egg whites with 2 tablespoons of sugar until stiff peaks begins to form.
- With an electric mixer, cream together the remaining sugar with the 3/4 cup butter until light texture. One at a time, beat the egg yolks. Blend in the melted chocolate, the beer and then gradually beat in the flour mixture. With a rubber spatula, fold in the egg whites, scrape half the batter into each of the cake pans and bake in the middle of the oven 30-35 minutes. A toothpick inserted in the center should come out clean when done.
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons salted butter
- 2 ½ cups cake flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs, separated, at room temperature
- 1 1/3 cups sugar
- 3 oz. unsweetened baker’s chocolate, melted
- 1 cup Samuel Adams® Chocolate Bock or Samuel Adams® Cream Stout, flat