Cream Stout Truffles
Yield: Makes 25 to 30 truffles
- Melt butter and 1/2 lb. semisweet chocolate in double boiler. Add whipping cream and whisk until mixed well. Remove from heat and stir in cream stout. Chill until firm. Melt 1 lb. chocolate for dipping in double boiler over warm water (not on stove) or microwave on defrost setting about 6 minutes. Stir until smooth. Set aside. Take chilled chocolate mixture and quickly make into balls. (about 1 inch) Dip chocolate balls in warm chocolate until coated, place on waxed paper to harden. Sprinkle with powdered cocoa. Keep candy in sealed container and refrigerate until serving.
- Use the best chocolate you can find. Cake decorating shops often have candy making chocolate, which is easier to work with, but you can even use chocolate chips in a pinch. Truffles are good made with milk, dark or white chocolate, depending on your taste.
- 3/4 cup whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 lb. semisweet chocolate
- 2 tablespoons Samuel Adams® Cream Stout
- 1 lb. chocolate (milk, dark or white for dipping)