Creamed Collard Greens
Yield: Serves 4
- But the thick ribs from the collard greens and then cut the greens into 1 ½- to 2-inch pieces.
- In a large saucepan, heat the oil over medium-high heat. When hot, add the onions, reduce the heat to medium, and cook, stirring, for 4 to 6 minutes or until translucent and tender. Add the garlic after 2 or 3 minutes and cook along with the onions until tender.
- Add the collard greens to the pan, raise the heat to medium-high, and cook for 12 to 16 minutes or until tender.
- Add the cream, bring to a boil, reduce the heat slightly and simmer briskly for 3 to 4 minutes or until reduced by about half. Stir in the butter and let it melt. Add the red pepper flakes and season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve right away.
- Add the butter and dried red pepper flakes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serves 4
- 2 bunches collard greens, thick ribs removed
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 onion, diced (about 1 cup)
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 ½ teaspoons unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper.