Grilled Cherry Wheat Vegetables
Yield: Serves 4 to 6
- Add enough water to a saucepan to fill it about halfway. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat and add the sliced carrots. Let the water return to the boil and cook the carrots for 2 to 3 minutes or until the carrot begins to soften. Drain.
- Arrange the carrots, zucchini, yellow squash, and peppers in shallow glass, ceramic or rigid plastic dish.
- In the bowl of a food processor or a blender, mix together the beer, lemon juice, pepper, and salt. With the machine running, drizzle the oil into the marinade until its incorporated and thickened.
- Pour the marinade over the vegetables. Sprinkle with the oregano. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour and for up to 4 hours.
- Prepare a charcoal or gas grill so that it is medium hot.
- Lift the vegetables from the marinade and lay them on a grill tray. Grill for 3 to 4 minutes on both sides or until nicely charred and cooked through.
- Transfer the vegetables to a serving platter and drizzle with a little of the leftover marinade. Serve hot, room temperature, or chilled, garnished with rosemary.
- Serves 4 to 6
- 1 large carrot, halved and sliced lengthwise
- 3 zucchini, sliced lengthwise
- 3 yellow squash, sliced lengthwise
- 1 roasted red pepper, seeded and sliced into wide strips
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano
- 4 ounces (1/2 cup) Samuel Adams Cherry Wheat
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice (1 to 2 lemons)
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1 to 2 sprig fresh rosemary, for garnish