Grilled Pineapple with Cherry Wheat Glaze
- For the Pineapple: Clean and trim pineapple, be careful to remove all the eyes
- Cut into half inch slices
- Use apple corer to remove hard center
- Coat each slice w/oil and season w/salt & pepper and chili powder
- Grill pineapples over high heat turning frequently until nicely charred and warmed through
- For the Glaze: Caramelize maple syrup.
- Add beer, reduce by half and add mustard and cherries.
- Spoon warm glaze over pineapple.
- For the Pineapple:
- 1 Pineapple
- 1cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp butcher black pepper
- 1 tbsp chilli powder
- 1 tbsp coarse ground sea salt
- For the Cherry Wheat Glaze:
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 2 cups Samuel Adams Cherry Wheat®
- 1 tbsp grainy Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp English mustard
- 3 tbsp pitted chopped black cherries