Pumpkin Ravioli with Samuel Adams Octoberfest, Brown Butter and Sage
Yield: Serves 4
- Fill a large pot about halfway with water. Sprinkle a little salt in the water and bring it to a boil over high heat. Add the ravioli, lower the heat slightly, and cook the ravioli at a brisk simmer for 7 to 10 minutes or until it is tender and cooked through and bobs to the surface of the water. Drain the ravioli and return it to the pot and cover to keep warm.
- Meanwhile, in a medium-sized sauté pan, heat the butter over medium heat and when hot and melted, add the shallots and cook, stirring, for 3 to 4 minutes or until lightly browned and softened. Add the beer, cheese, and sage and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Pour the sage butter over the ravioli, heat gently if necessary, and serve immediately.
- Serves 4
- 24 store-bought pumpkin ravioli
- Kosher salt
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 6 ounces (3/4 cup) Samuel Adams Octoberfest beer
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh sage
- Freshly ground black pepper