Samuel Adams Harvest Pumpkin Ale Bread
Yield: Makes one 9-inch loaf
- To make the puree: In a medium-sized bowl, stir together the pumpkin purée, sugar, ale, and pumpkin pie spice. Set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly grease a 9-by-5-inch loaf pan.
- To make the bread: In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat together the sugar and oil on medium speed. Add the eggs, 1 at a time, mixing after each addition.
- Stop the mixer, add 1 cup of the purée, and then, with the mixer on medium-low speed, beat the mixture for 4 to 5 minutes or until well mixed, light and fluffy.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, pumpkin pie spice, salt, baking soda, and baking powder.
- Add the dry ingredients to the bowl and mix on low speed for about 1 minute or until the batter is well mixed. Transfer the batter to the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for about 1 hour or until a cake tester or kitchen knife inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean. The top of the loaf may crack, which is normal. If the tester comes out with batter clinging to it, bake for 5 to 8 minutes longer or until the tested comes out clean.
- Let the loaf cool on a wire rack for about 10 minutes. Turn the pan over and remove the loaf. Let it cool completely, dust with confectioners’ sugar, and serve.
- Makes one 9-inch loaf
- One 15-ounce can plain pumpkin purée (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 12 ounces (1 1/2 cups) bottle Samuel Adams Harvest Pumpkin Ale
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Confectioners’ sugar