Southwestern Beef Fajita
Yield: Serves 2
- In a skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat and when hot, sauté the beef for 2 to 3 minutes or until lightly browned. Add the onions, peppers and garlic and continue cooking, stirring constantly, for 3 to 4 minutes longer or until the vegetables start to soften.
- Add the chili powder, cayenne, and salt and toss well to blend. Add the lager and cook, stirring, for 2 to 3 minutes longer or until well blended.
- Remove the skillet from the heat and add the lime juice to the fajita mixture, tossing to blend lightly. Transfer to a serving bowl and garnish with cilantro.
- Serve with warm tortillas, sour cream, salsa, and guacamole.
- Serves 2
- 1 tablespoon canola or other vegetable oil
- 1/4 pound flank steak, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced onion
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green bell pepper
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 6 ounces (3/4 cup) Samuel Adams Boston Lager
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 4 flour tortillas
- About ¼ cup sour cream
- About ¼ cup pico de gallo salsa, storebought or homemade
- About ½ cup guacamole, storebought or homemade