Spiced Beef Sandwich
Yield: Serves 4
- In a small bowl, stir together the pepper, coriander, mustard seed, caraway seed, paprika, and red pepper flakes.
- Press the spice mixture into both sides of the meat to coat. Put the steaks on a plate, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for at least 1 hour and up to 12 hours. When ready to cook, let the meat sit at room temperature for 10 or 15 minutes.
- In a heavy sauté pan, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Cook the steaks for about 3 minutes on each side for medium-rare, or to your desired degree of doneness.
- Remove to a cutting board and let the meat rest for about 5 minutes. Slice the steaks into very thin strips.
- Spread the bread with the crème frâiche and then top with the sliced steak. Close the sandwiches, cut in half and serve immediately.
- Serves 4
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon mustard seed
- 1 teaspoon caraway seed
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ⅛ teaspoon hot red pepper flakes
- 4 Samuel Adams Boston Lager Cuts or strip steaks (about 6 ounces each)
- 4 tablespoons canola oil
- 8 slices rye bread
- Horseradish Crème Fraîche