Yellow Wax Beans
Yield: Serves 4
- Fill a saucepan about halfway with water and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Add the beans, reduce the heat to medium, and cook for 4 to 5 minutes or until tender. Drain the beans and return them to the pot to keep warm.
- In a sauté pan, melt the butter over medium-high heat. Add the shallots and cook, stirring, for about 2 minutes or until tender.
- Add the drained beans to the sauté pan and stir to coat with butter and shallots. Cook over medium heat for about 3 minutes or until cooked through. Season with salt and pepper and serve hot.
- Serves 4
- 1 pound yellow wax beans
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped shallot
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper