In our opinion there is no better experience than the one you get here at the Samuel Adams® Brewery. You’ll learn all about the history of the Samuel Adams brand, experience the entire craft brewing process, taste the special malts and smell the Hallertau hops used to brew Samuel Adams®, and, of course, sample a few of our award winning beers.
Brewery Tour and Gift Shop Hours
Monday - Thursday: 10:00am - 3:00pm
Last tour starts at 3pm.
Fridays: 10:00am - 5:30pm
Last tour starts at 5:30pm (gift shop and tour center closes at 6:30pm)
Saturdays: 10:00am - 3:00pm
Last tour starts at 3pm (gift shop & tour center close at 4:00)
- Sundays: Closed
- Holiday Closings: Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day, New Year's Day
Events & Announcements
Join us at the Samuel Adams Boston Brewery on Thursday, June 18th from 5:30PM - 8:00PM as we celebrate the summer with our Beers of Summer variety pack styles featuring Boston Lager, Summer Ale, Rebel Rider Session IPA, and our newest release, Downtime Pilsner! RSVP.
We will be open regular hours on Memorial Day.
PLEASE NOTE - On Wednesday, May 27th Brewery tours will begin at NOON.
Join us for Flight Night every Wednesday from 5PM to 7PM at the Samuel Adams Boston Brewery during the Spring and Summer season! Create your own complimentary flight plan by choosing from our beers on tap and in growlers, ranging from experimental brews, to our flagship Boston Lager, and seasonal styles. No RSVP required for this FREE event.
Morning Mash In Tour
Join us for our Morning Mash In Tour every morning at 9:40AM for a special tour experience that includes a specialty tasting. The Morning Mash In Tour is always evolving - the tour experience and tasting vary from tour to tour.
Please note that the Morning Mash In Tour will NOT be taking place on Wednesday, May 27th.
Please note: if you are unable to reserve a ticket, that means the tour is sold out. However, if you do arrive early you may have the opportunity to join the tour as we do have space for walk-ons.
Growlers: Now Pouring
Here's the list of beers we'll be featuring in growlers at the Boston Brewery gift shop (updated 5/15/2015):
- Rebel Rouser Double IPA: Deep amber with a slight haze, the bright citrus, grapefruit and piney notes of the West Coast hops come through immediately in the aroma and follows through in the flavor. 8.4% ABV, $24.99
- Boston Lager: Since 1984, Samuel Adams Boston Lager has used only the finest hand-selected ingredients to create this perfectly balanced, complex and full-bodied original brew. 4.9% ABV, $14.99
- Chocolate Orange Stout: Deep chestnut and ruby in color with notes of roasted malt and cocoa on the nose. Velvety smooth, with a hint of orange. 5.4% ABV, $14.99
- NZ Lager: A lager with caramel malty sweetness, with tangelo notes from Weimea hops. 5.4% ABV, $14.99
- IPL: A full bodied beer with a smooth, dry finish. Spicy and roasted aroma with a bready/molasses sweetness. 6.0% ABV, $14.99
- Irish Dry Stout: A light bodied beer with roasted, dark chocolate notes with a dry finish. 4.8% ABV, $14.99
- Sparking Ale: Light crisp ale with mild spice, pine and mineral aroma, wirh a slightly sour finish. 4.8% ABV, $14.99
Please note: growlers are available on a first come, first serve basis - not all styles may be available when you stop in.
Additional Tour Info
Tours depart approximately every 45 minutes and last about 1 hour. To avoid long waits we recommend you arrive as early in the tour day as possible. Saturdays are especially busy and capacity is often filled by noon. Please note we do not take reservations, tickets are handed out on a first arrival service.
To avoid parking issues we recommend using public transportation.
Suggested donation: $2.00, all donations to benefit local charities.
Groups over 20 may call (617) 368-5256 to schedule a private tour. Private tours are available Monday-Thursday at 3:30 or 4:00.
Please note: we are not a venue location and do not rent out our brewery space for private functions. However, we can schedule private tours Monday-Thursday. For more on private tours only please call 617-368-5256.
For general information, call (617) 368-5080, or to speak with a Brewery Ambassador please call 617-368-5213.
Only guests 21 and older with a valid ID will be able to sample on the tour. For those who are not from the United States or Canada, you must have a passport or copy of the passport ID. International licenses will not be accepted. All guests from the US and Canada must have a current: State ID, License, Military, Passport, United States Visa Card, Alien Registration or Green Card in order to drink on the tour. Thank you.