Beer and Bacon Potato Salad
Yield: Serves 6-8
- Bring a large pot of Samuel Adams Summer Ale to a boil. Add the potatoes, and boil in beer for about 15 minutes or until fork tender. Drain and let cool. Set aside.
- Bring a large pot of water to boil, and hard boil the eggs for about 12 minutes. Let eggs cool.
- In a large sheet pan, cook the bacon at 375 until crispy, and then dice. Set aside.
- Once eggs are cool, peel and chop.
- In a large bowl, mix diced red onion, 1 bunch finely sliced scallions, diced celery, diced bacon, chopped eggs, and dill.
- Once potatoes are cool, add to bowl of ingredients and smash together so they are half mashed.
- Add all wet ingredients, salt and pepper and mix well. Add about a tablespoon of the bacon grease for a little added flavor.
Recipe provided by Food Network Star’s Chef Michele Ragussis.
- 3 bottles Samuel Adams® Summer Ale (can be substituted for Boston Lager)
- 3 lbs. baby potatoes
- 8 eggs
- 1 package bacon
- ½ red onion, diced
- Half head celery, diced
- 1 bunch scallions
- ¼ bunch dill
- 16oz mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 3 dashes red wine vinegar