Cheese Soup with Beer
Yield: Serves 12
- In a large pot combine the milk, bouillon granules, Worcestershire sauce, hot pepper sauce and salt and bring nearly to a boil over medium heat.
- In a small bowl, whisk the cornstarch with ½ cup of water to make a smooth slurry. Add to the soup and stir to combine.
- Add the lager and cheese sauce, reduce the heat to low, and heat through, stirring constantly. Serve hot.
- Serves 12
- 8 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 1/2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 12 ounces (1 1/2 cups) Samuel Adams Boston Lager
- One 16-ounce jar processed cheese sauce, such as Cheese Whiz