Fresh Mozzarella and Zucchini-Pesto Panini
Yield: Serves 2 to 4
- In the bowl of a food processor, mix together the zucchini, parmesan, almonds, basil, garlic, and lemon zest. Add the 1/4 cup of olive oil and the beer and pulse to a rough purée. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Slice the bread lengthwise in half and fill with the zucchini pesto and layer the pesto along the length of the sandwich. Brush the cheese with a little more oil, close the sandwich, and grill in a panini press for 2 to 3 minutes or until the cheese is bubbly and melted. Slice the panini in half or quarters, depending on how many sandwiches you want, and how large you want them to be. Serve hot.
- Serves 2 to 4
- 1 cup shredded zucchini (about 1 pound)
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 1/2 ounces Marcona almonds or other whole almonds
- 12 fresh basil leaves
- 1 clove garlic
- ½ teaspoon grated lemon zest
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil plus more for the panini press
- 2 tablespoons Samuel Adams Noble Pils
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 baguette loaf rustic French or Italian bread
- 6 small balls (about the size of a walnut) fresh mozzarella, sliced