Yield: Serves 6 to 8
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- In an oven-safe saucepan, mix together the beer, rice, butter, ginger and bay leaf. Season lightly with salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat and and boil until the bubbles on top of the rice and beer form holes in the surface.
- Cover tightly with a lid or aluminum foil and transfer the pan to the oven. Bake for 20 to 30 minutes, or until the liquid is absorbed.
- Remove the pan from the oven, fluff the rice with a fork, and remove and discard the bay leaf. Add the chopped scallions and serve right away or cover to keep warm.
- Serves 6 to 8
- 24 ounces (3 cups) Samuel Adams Hefeweizen
- 2 cups long-grain rice
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh ginger or 1 tablespoon powdered ginger
- 1 bay leaf
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- About 3 tablespoons chopped scallions, white and light green parts