Old Fez Marinated Pork Chops
Yield: Serves 4
- In a mixing bowl, stir together the ale, soy sauce, honey, rosemary, orange zest, ginger, and cinnamon. Lay the pork chops in a glass, ceramic, or rigid plastic container and pour the marinade over them. Cover and refrigerate for at least 6 hours and up to 12 hours. Alternatively, put the pork chops in a sturdy, zipped plastic bag, add the marinade and manipulate the meat in the bag to coat it well.
- Prepare a charcoal or gas grill so that it is medium hot. Or heat the broiler. Grill or broil the pork chops for about 8 minutes on each side, or until an instant-read thermometer registers 160°F. when inserted in a thick part of the meat. Let the pork chops rest on a cutting board for about 5 minutes before serving.
- Serves 4
- 6 ounces (3/4 cup) Old Fezziwig Ale
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 bone-in pork loin pork chops, each weighing about 12 ounces
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper