Sam’s OctoberFest Boiled Brats
Yield: Serves 8
- In a large saucepan, combine the beer and onions. Add the bratwurst and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce the heat and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes or until the brats are heated through. Adjust the heat to maintain the simmer.
- Using a slotted spoon or tongs, lift the brats from the poaching liquid and nestle in the rolls. Top with any of the accompanying condiments and serve.
- Serves 8
- 1 large white or yellow onion, coarsely chopped
- 8 fresh bratwurst
- 24 ounces (3 cups) Samuel Adams OctoberFest
- 8 hotdog or torpedo rolls, lightly toasted
- Ketchup, optional
- Mustard, optional
- Onion relish, optional
- Pickle relish, optional