Shrimp Boiled in Beer and Spices
Yield: Serves 6 to 8
- In a large pot, mix the ale, pickling spice, bay leaves, cayenne, pepper sauce, and garlic head with 2 cups of water. Bring to a boil over high heat.
- Add the shrimp and let the liquid return to the boil. Cook for 5 to 7 minutes or until the shrimp turn pink and are cooked through.
- Drain the shrimp, discard the cooking liquid, and spread the shrimp on a platter. Let the shrimp cool to room temperature, or refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Serve the shrimp at room temperature or chilled, with bowls for the peeled shells.
- Serves 6 to 8
- 3 cups (24 ounces) Samuel Adams Summer Ale
- 4 tablespoons pickling spice
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon cayenne
- 6 drops red pepper sauce, such as Tabasco
- 1 head garlic
- 2 pounds large shrimp in their shells