Summer Ale Urban Clambake
Yield: Serves 6-8
- Before beginning, make sure all clams are scrubbed clean.
- On the stove top, in a big pot, layer quartered onions, garlic, crushed red pepper flakes, 2 ½ bottles of Samuel Adams Summer Ale and small potatoes.
- Cut the Portuguese sausage into 1-inch thick pieces, and cut the hot dogs in half, lengthwise.
- Add the meat and the cleaned clams to the pot. Add the lobsters, and cover tightly. Let cook for 15 to 20 minutes until done.
- Layer on a platter, and save the remaining liquid for dipping. Serve with lemon wedges, and pair with a Samuel Adams Summer Ale.
NOTE: Ask your fishmonger for purged steamers as they have been cleaned already. Also, you can get the seaweed from your fishmonger. Just add a layer of seaweed after the potatoes (optional).
Recipe provided by Food Network Star’s Chef Michele Ragussis.
- 3 bottles of Samuel Adams® Summer Ale
- 4 lobsters (1 lb. each)
- 5 lbs. steamers
- 3 yellow onions
- 4 cloves Garlic
- 6 ears of corn
- 12 small potatoes
- 1 lb. Portuguese sausage (or chorizo)
- 1 lb. hot dogs
- 2 lemons
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Rockweed seaweed (optional)