Boston Lager Potato Salad
Yield: Serves 6
In a large pot, bring the lager to a boil over high heat. Immediately reduce the heat to medium so that the beer simmers. Add the whole potatoes, let the beer return to a simmer, and cook for 20 to 22 minutes or until fork tender. Drain and set aside to cool for about 10 minutes or until cool enough to handle, but still hot.
Peel the cooked potatoes and cut into 1-inch-thick cubes. Transfer the potatoes to a mixing bowl. Add the peppers, celery, scallions, onions, mustard and capers and toss to mix. Let the potato salad rest for about 15 minutes for the flavors to develop and then serve while still warm.
- Serves 6
- 36 ounces (4 1/2 cups) Samuel Adams Boston Lager
- 1 ½ pounds yukon gold potatoes
- 1/4 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup diced celery
- 2 tablespoons chopped scallion, white and light green parts
- 2 tablespoons diced red onion
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon drained capers