Lobster & Brie Soup
Yield: Serves 8
- Shell the lobster reserving shell for stock. Split tail meat length-wise and refrigerate.
- To make stock, combine the Samuel Adams®, water, thyme, and lobster shell. Bring to a slow boil, cover, and simmer on low for 40 minutes.
- Strain then simmer to reduce broth to 2 ½ cups. Add half & half and continue simmering until reduced by half again. Cover and set aside.
- In a heavy skillet, melt butter on medium. When foam subsides, add shallots and sauté for 1 minute. Add lobster meat and sauté briefly until the lobster turns pink. Remove and cool. Pull the lobster meat into long shreds.
- Add heavy cream and Brie cheese to the reduced broth, stirring constantly over medium-low heat. When the cheese is almost melted, mix in shredded lobster and shallot mixture, add pepper to taste, simmer gently for 2 minutes. Garnish with paprika and serve immediately.
- 3/4 pound lobster tail or 1 pound lobster claws
- 1 ½ cups Samuel Adams® Hefeweizen or Samuel Adams® White Ale
- 3 ½ cups water
- 1 teaspoon thyme, finely crushed
- 3 cups half & half
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 3 shallots, finely minced
- 3 cups heavy cream
- ½ pound Brie cheese, with skin, cut into 6 chunks
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Paprika for garnish