Noble Pils Cornbread
Yield: Makes one 9-inch loaf
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly grease a 9-by-5-inch loaf pan.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, cornmeal, sugar, and baking powder. Add the pils and stir to make a smooth batter.
- Pour the batter into the pan and bake for about 40 minutes or until a cake tester or kitchen knife inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean. The top of the loaf may crack, which is normal. If the tester comes out with batter clinging to it, bake for 5 to 8 minutes longer or until the tested comes out clean.
- Let the loaf cool on a wire rack for about 10 minutes. Turn the pan over and remove the loaf. Let it cool completely and serve.
- Makes one 9-inch loaf
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 12 ounces (1 1/2 cups) Samuel Adams Noble Pils
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder