Yield: Makes about 2 dozen delicious treats.
- Line a large cookie sheet with parchment and butter generously. In a heavy pan melt butter over high heat and add the sugar, cream and baking soda. Cook 1 minute, whisking constantly. Add buttermilk and beer. Cook, stirring frequently until 200 degrees on a candy thermometer. Add pecans and continue cooking, stirring constantly, until 250 degrees. As the mixture is cooling to 220 degrees, continue beating mixture and add vanilla. Quickly spoon onto buttered parchment in large spoonfuls. Cool and store in airtight container. Makes about 2 dozen delicious treats.
- Baking pan
- 1 ½ sticks unsalted butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup buttermilk
- ½ cup Sam Adams Light® or Samuel Adams® Double Bock
- Candy thermometer
- 3 cups pecan halves
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract