Yield: Serves 4
- Combine the scallops, lime juice, and Samuel Adams® beer, stirring gently. Marinate in refrigerator 4 hours.
- While marinating, mix together the garlic, chili, oil, scallions, cilantro, parsley, coriander, salt, pepper, and plum tomatoes with the scallop mixture. Let stand at room temperature 3 to 4 hours. Drain and be sure to reserve 1/4 cup of marinade.
- Combine scallops, tomato mixture, diced avocado, and reserved marinade, tossing gently to coat the scallops.
- Spoon one-fourth of the scallop mixture over greens arranged on a salad plate.
- Combine the sour cream and toasted seeds and place a dollop on each plate. Refrigerate until served.
- Serves 4
- 1 pound scallops
- 2/3 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/3 cup Samuel Adams® Summer Ale
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced and mashed
- 1 serrano chili, thinly sliced and finely minced (wear rubber gloves)
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 scallions, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons chopped Italian (flat-leafed) parsely
- ½ teaspoon lightly toasted coriander seeds, crushed
- ¼ teaspoon each freshly ground black pepper and salt
- 5 plum tomatoes, chopped in ¼ inch pieces
- 1 small rip avocado, chopped into 1/3 inch pieces
- 1 small head leaf lettuce
- Garnish Ingredients:
- 1 cup sour cream
- ½ tablespoon cumin seeds, toasted and finely crushed